21. Genung MA, JW Fox, R Winfree (2020) Dominance predicts the contributions of lost species to ecosystem function in nature, but not biodiversity experiments. Global Ecology and Biogeography, in press.
20. MacLeod M, J Reilly, D Cariveau, MA Genung, M Roswell, J Gibbs, R Winfree (2019) How much do rare and crop-pollinating bees overlap in identity and flower preferences? Journal of Applied Ecology. Journal of Applied Ecology, 57:413-423.
19. Genung MA, JW Fox, NM Williams, C Kremen, JS Ascher, J Gibbs, R Winfree (2017) The relative importance of pollinator abundance and species richness for the temporal variance of pollination services. Ecology, 98:1807-1816. pdf
18. Mueller LO, LC Breza, MA Genung, CP Giardina, NE Stone, LC Sidak-Loftis, JD Busch, DM Wagner, JK Bailey, JA Schweitzer (2017) Ecosystem consequences of plant genetic divergence with colonization of new habitat. Ecosphere, 8:5. pdf
17. Souza L, K Stuble, MA Genung, AT Classen (2017) Plant genotype identity and intraspecific diversity trump soil nutrient availability to shape old-field structure and function. Functional Ecology, 31:965-974. pdf
16. MacLeod M* & MA Genung*, J Ascher, R Winfree (2016) Measuring partner choice in plant–pollinator networks: Using null models to separate rewiring and fidelity from chance. Ecology, 97:2925-2931. * – equal contribution; MAG corresponding author. pdf
15. Genung MA, JK Senior, J O’Reilly-Wapstra, SK Chapman, A Langley, JA Schweitzer, JK Bailey (2014) When ranges collide: Evolutionary history, phylogenetic community interactions, global change factors and range size differentially affect plant productivity. Advances in Ecological Research, 50:297-350.
14. Genung MA, JA Schweitzer, N Omomo, JK Bailey (2014) The effects of phylogenetic diversity and species richness on ecosystem function are dependent upon evolutionary history. PeerJ, 2:e288. link
13. Gorman CE, QD Read, ME Van Nuland, JAM Bryant, JN Welch, JT Altobelli, MJ Douglas, MA Genung, and 7 others (2014) Below-ground communities: Phylogenetic similarity aboveground leads to community similarity belowground through conservatism of functional traits. AoB Plants, 5:plt049. link
12. Burkle LA, L Souza, MA Genung, GM Crutsinger (2013) Plant genotype, nutrients, and G x E interactions structure floral visitor communities. Ecosphere, 4:art119. pdf
11. Bailey JK, MA Genung, I Ware, CE Gorman, M Van Nuland, H Long, JA Schweitzer (2014) Indirect genetic effects: An evolutionary mechanism linking feedbacks, genotypic diversity, and coadaptation in a climate change context. Functional Ecology, 28:87-95. pdf
10. Genung MA, JK Bailey, JA Schweitzer (2013) Belowground interactions shift the relative importance of direct and indirect genetic effects. Ecology and Evolution, 3:1692-1701. pdf
9. Bailey JK, RK Bangert, MA Genung, JA Schweitzer, and GM Wimp (2013) Community Ecology. In “Berkshire Encyclopedia of Sustainability: Ecosystem Management and Sustainability”. Berkshire Publishing Group, Great Barrington, MA, USA.
8. Genung MA, JK Bailey, JA Schweitzer (2013) The afterlife of interspecific indirect genetic effects: Genotype interactions alter litter quality with consequences for decomposition and nutrient dynamics, PLOS ONE, 8:e53718. link
7. Genung MA, JK Bailey, JA Schweitzer (2012) Welcome to the neighborhood: Interspecific genotype interactions influence above- and belowground biomass and associated communities, Ecology Letters, 15:65-73. pdf
6. Bailey JK, MA Genung, J O’Reilly-Wapstra, BM Potts, J Rowntree, JA Schweitzer, TG Whitham (2012) New frontiers in community and ecosystem genetics for theory, conservation, and management. New Phytologist, 193:24-26. pdf
5. Lessard J-P, WN Reynolds, WA Bunn, MA Genung, and 11 others (2012) Conservation of effect strength through understory, litter, and soil communities following deer herbivory. Basic and Applied Ecology, 13:59-66 pdf
4. Genung MA, GM Crutsinger, JK Bailey, JA Schweitzer, NJ Sanders (2012) Spatial patterns of aphid abundance depend on plant genotype and genotypic diversity, Oecologia, 168:167- 174. pdf
3. Genung MA, JA Schweitzer, F Ubeda, BM Fitzpatrick, CC Pregitzer, E Felker-Quinn, JK Bailey (2011) Genetic variation and community change – selection, evolution, and feedbacks, Functional Ecology, 25:408-419. Invited to “Plant-Herbivore Interactions” Special Feature. pdf
2. Bailey JK, JA Schweitzer, F Ubeda, M Zinkgraf, BM Fitzpatrick, J O’Reilly-Wapstra, BJ Rehill, CJ LeRoy, BM Potts, TG Whitham, MA Genung, DG Fischer, CC Pregitzer, A Keith (2011) From genes to ecosystems: emerging concepts bridging ecological and evolutionary dynamics, invited to “The ecology of plant secondary metabolites: from genes to landscapes” (eds. GR Iason, M Dicke, and SE Hartley), Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
1. Genung MA, JP Lessard, CB Brown, WA Bunn, MA Cregger, WN Reynolds, E Felker-Quinn, ML Stevenson, AS Hartley, GM Crutsinger, JA Schweitzer, JK Bailey (2010) Nonadditive effects of genotypic diversity affect floral abundance and abundance of floral visitors, PLOS ONE 5, e8711. link